A Bed Bug problem in one room or several rooms can be treated chemically with a growth regulator. This is when a treatment is applied to all crack and crevice areas of all furniture and bed frames. The rooms need to be prepped so there are no items on the floor except the bed and furniture. The furniture and beds must be moved 18 inches away from the wall prior to the technician coming in to do the treatment. Proper preparation is key to a successful treatment. Treatment will not be done if the rooms are not prepared correctly.
1. Remove all bed linens and curtains. Transport in plastic bags to be laundered in hottest wash and dry cycles. Do not put back onto the bed or windows until the treatment is completed. We recommend you buy a mattress bed bug cover for both the mattress and box spring and install before putting clean linens on the bed after the treatment.
2. All clothing must be removed from all closets, drawers, floors and any open areas. Transport in plastic bags to be laundered in hottest wash and dry cycles prior to room being treated. Do not bring back into room until treatment is completed.
3. All loose items such as shoes, toys, books, knick-knacks, etc. need to be placed in plastic bags or totes with lids during treatment. Thoroughly inspect all items for insects before unpacking totes after the treatment.
4. All dressers, closets, nightstands, shelves and entertainment center contents must be emptied. All items need to be placed in plastic bags or totes with lids during treatment. Thoroughly inspect all items for insects before unpacking totes after the treatment.
5. Pick up all items from the floor and inspect items for bed bugs and place items into a plastic bag or tote with a lid prior to treatment. Thoroughly inspect all items for insects before unpacking totes after the treatment.
6. Remove all pets prior to our arrival.
7. All rooms in the unit are accessible and unlocked.
8. Clean and wash all floors before treatment, vacuum bags/canisters should be removed and thrown out or emptied in proper receptacle outside.
9. Arrangements should be made to remain out of the home for four hours or as per label instructions.
EXPECTATIONS AFTER BEDBUG TREATMENTS
1. You should remain out of the structure for four hours or as per label instructions.
2. We recommend you buy a mattress bed bug cover for both the mattress and box spring and install before putting clean linens on the bed after the treatment.
3. Thoroughly inspect all items for insects before unpacking totes and putting items and clothing back into the rooms after the treatment.
4. Do not wash or clean the treated areas for 14 days. You may use a vacuum or sweep desired areas.
Expectation: It is common for you to see live and dead insects for up to a month after the initial treatment. A growth regulator has been applied and any live insects found will no longer be able to reproduce. As nothing will penetrate an egg capsule new insects may hatch from existing eggs, but these juvenile insects will die as they pass through the treated surface and the residual chemical is absorbed into their system. Please remove any noticeable insects and document these areas and as soon as possible.
Please understand that the chemical residual that has been applied to the rooms will be effective, and continue to kill insects for four months. We do not recommend any additional treatments for at least 30 days. Please do not use any other chemicals or applications after our service as this will cause adverse effects to the initial treatment and we will not be able to return for any follow up treatments if necessary.
Follow Up Service: The follow up service can be scheduled any time after 30 days, but the initial treatment will be effective for four months. We do not recommend retreatment before four months, but as per chemical label it may be done after 30 days. You may call after that time and arrange service to the specific area or location of concern. Full preparation of all rooms has to be done again for all retreatments. The success of bed bug treatments is 85-90% dependent on the pretreatment preparation being done correctly.
All follow up services will be billed. There are no exceptions to this policy as we do not know how the bed bugs originated or if they are continuously being brought into the structure.
We appreciate you as a customer. Please call with any questions prior to the service being performed.